• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you been tested?

Ever had tanks checked?

• Been Checked

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Never Checked

Votes: 76 91.6%

• Total voters

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know for sure exactly what the test is looking for?

Is it red dye or non 100% diesel, or specific gravity? Or what?

Thanks for the comments.
Any and all evidence that you might be running an untaxed fuel. They have various means of checking fuel beisdes just physical observance. Most dips I've ever seen was from the I effing RS.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I got checked last year in my f350 pick up,I have a fuel tank in the back of it for carrying fuel for my tractors.He checked one of the tanks,it was good.Glad he didnt check the other one it had red fuel in it.I guess he assumed the since I was carrying off road fuel,I was running it.I was ,he just didnt check both tanks.I had to change my underwear after that.I asked him the fine and he said it was $10k.

michigandon

I saw an IRS check in a Michigan Rest Area ONCE, and that was more than a decade ago. I had my '97 Dodge Cummins Dually with Coachmen slide on camper in the back and Fairmont MT14 motorcar on a trailer behind.

They were only concerned with commercial vehicles (They just waved me on through when I actually VOLUNTEERED to stop!).

ryan77

I havnt seen a gas station anywhere near me that sells off road diesel dyed red! We buy it at work from a oil company for the back hoes, bob cat etc and its green diesel??

Welder Sam

I'm Pregnant.........aua
Well crap! IT AINT MINE!

I got hit right before the first of the year. He pulled it 8-10 times. Wanted to look at this and that and that over there. All it boiled down to was small town politics. I pissed in a "Have's" wheaties and he figured he'd get back at this "have not". The state boy didnt like it when i told him all about HIS reasoning for stopping me to "look at my fuel" and if he really wanted to, go right ahead and scribble the ticket for something out. Then a local pulled up and said "well this is a cdl truck, you dont have one". I had the answer for that too.. It was an interesting back and forth to say the least..

panshark

Is this poll an official poll? Is the poll "authorized" by the IRS? It would be a great quality control check, such as, "Hey, only 1 out of 10 of these guys who drive a nuclear-blast-hardy truck have been tested. Maybe we need to ramp up the enforcement efforts. Watch out for OD green."

Maybe I'm out of line here, but I wouldn't mind if this thread went the way of the Fast & Furious experiment--gone Johnson. 8 out of 10 guys here are cracking medical jokes, but some are brazen enough to admit in a public forum that they have run illegal fuel in their vehicles (without a perfectly valid reason like MilitaryRestoration's). :tin hat:

And Lee--welcome to the site, you'll learn a lot here. There's good people.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
some are brazen enough to admit in a public forum that they have run illegal fuel in their vehicles (without a perfectly valid reason like MilitaryRestoration's). :tin hat:
I often wonder why people will routinely talk about illegal activity on a public forum.

Old Duece

I wonder if the truck has regular plates on it and isnt a commercial vehiical in any way if it will still be stopped, and checked, btw I live in michigan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks