• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you named you truck?

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had some changes to my personal motorpool in the years since I first posted to this thread. I have added a couple more MVs to the roster and they both have "names". Special thanks to Juli Beiter and Suzie Blau for naming my MV RV.

M-416 trailer "Tag Along"
M109a3 "Trash Truck"
M1009 "Stomper"

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I named my Deuce "Betsy" after a girlfriend I had back in the 70's who was from North Georgia. The truck came from WRAFB in Georgia & I drove it home from Blue Ridge, Georgia back in May of 2014! The next truck already has a name picked out for her & it will probably be a LMTV (M1078) if I get all my ducks in a row!

I wonder why I can't get M-1078 to print in the last sentence? Anyway "Amy" or some variation will be the name in honor of my Boss Lady years ago who is responsible for me being alive for the last 12 years....quite fitting in my book! She thinks a little different! :?
That is because the 8 is immediately followed by a close parenthesis ')', which the forum auto replaces "8" ")" combinations with a sun-glassed smiley face. If you "Go Advanced" when posting you can select the "Miscellaneous Option" of " Disable smilies in text"

Back on topic:
I had a friend once say to me, in reference to my deuce and a half, "So, how's your ol' Autobot doing?" I'm pretty much a geek and a nerd, and I grew up watching the original Transformer's The Movie from 1986. There's an Autobot named "Kup" (later called Sergeant Kup) who was the old timer, green paint, gruff and where everything always reminded him of some other battle or encounter. (Also my current avatar)

So, thus named my truck. Kup. ;)

2015-08-09 12.10.02.jpg 2015-08-09 12.04.32.jpg IMG_9280.jpg 2015-08-25 20.12.11.jpg

Last edited:

gottaluvit

My CUCV, I call Chev (ch pronounced like the ch in "cheese"). The M929 I was calling Sand Dune when it was giving me a hard time, as it was just sand colored but not in motion. That was just little things from the long-term sitting time since Army quit using it. Little each, but plenty. It has no name now.

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I named an M135 Deuce "Deuces Wild" and had a painter friend paint a spread out hand of four deuce playing cards on the hood.

chevykid1977

when i bought my 1965 m35a2..( its the one in my avatar ).. it was already named and so far i have just left it ...the person before me named it lou-ann after gomer pyle's girlfriend is what he told me ..lol..and that name is on the hood..

Last edited:

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
1969 F350. Named after an ex girlfriend of long ago.Debbie the dump tuck- dirty, unreliable, countless strange men inside.. but good for dumping.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks