• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haven't posted lately

Croatan_Kid

I've still been around, I swing through and read all the posts. I've been workin on my truck quite a bit, gettin it situated like I want. I just picked up a set of 5x.014 sac nozzle injectors for that awesome Cummins I swapped in there a while back, I also upgraded to a Super Phat Shaft 62/71/14 turbo about 3 months ago and I also just got a set of ORD twin sticks for my NP205.

Anyway, I put the injectors in there last night and fine tuned the air/fuel.....lemme tell you. It's hard to believe how insanely quick this thing is now! I broke the 40s loose on pavement [thumbzup] 45lbs of boost will nail you back in the seat!

I don't have any recent pictures of the truck, it still looks the same, but I'll post my most recent ones.

Now I just need to upgrade my clutch, rebuild the NV4500 and build myself a nice, beefy traction bar! Oh, and I'll probably put a single stack on it just to get the exhaust out of the way and give me more access room to the rear axle for the traction bar and such.

Attachments

Last edited:

jimmy-90

Did you put up a video of your truck pulling at a fair a while back? Anyhow are you useing the stock 4.56 gears in it and did you move your front axle forward a hare?

Croatan_Kid

Thanks yall!

Jimmy- Yep, tractor pull vid was me. That was several modifications ago, the next go 'round, they wont stand a chance [thumbzup] Still using 4.56s and yes, moved the front axle forward 1.5" and my 40s never touch the fenders.

I've got some underhood pics somewhere...nothing recent though. It's really starting to look like it belongs in there.

Small update...I kept messing with the air/fuel delivery rate. Got one it hard once and hit 47lbs and the wastegate blew off. I thought I had blown a boot off the intercooler pipes! haha! Dang this thing is fast!

jimmy-90

Just jumped on my favorite gear ratio calculator site. according to it 4.56 gears + 40" tires + .75 OD. =1876 RPM at 65 MPH. All that would seem to equal awesome vehicle to daily drive or even go on a road trip up the interstate with.

Croatan_Kid

Yessir, it cruises very nicely down the highway. Tows pretty dang good too. ****, it even gets amazing mileage! Before the injectors, I was averaging 18. After the thrill wears off, it should still be about the same.

nk14zp: running the VE pump. Maybe one day if I get a crap load of money dropped off at my door step, I might swap a p-pump on it and go hog wild with it. Until then, it's plenty of fun for me :D

There's some under-the-hood pics in my build thread I believe. Also, if you seach Croatan_Kid on photobucket, you can find my picture albums. If I can remember, I'll take some current ones for yall.

Any other picture requests?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks