• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

having a few problems with my m1009

usmcvet130621

my windshield washer pump is not working and it is one of the reasons why my m1009 failed inspection, where can i get a cheaper pump than on lmc? what is the part number because i can't find any. my e-brake is also sticking bad, i can engage the e-brake but when i hit the release the e-brake is still partially engaged and i can't coast in idle and i have to wiggle the cable going to the driver side rear wheel from the front. any ideas on what it is? i am also looking for a front bumper and grill guard and 3 tow rings, also the pintle hitch. one more problem i am having is the rear axle doesn't have posi, it's a 1 tire fire, could it be something to do with the lockers or possible that it's not the original rear axle? i have enough money to fix everything myself and buy whatever i need but at the same time i want to make it a little cheaper by doing it myself and buying cheaper parts that aren't very important but good enough to last a little while.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI the pump is easy to find at most parts stores or salvage yards can get a kit to rebuild it too,the e brake may just need to clean the hardware in rear drums and lube it and cables.
The axle could be bad lockup parts just check inside and see most parts are easy to get for it too.

Steve

Nathanater

It takes about one and a half turns of a slipping tire for the gov lock to engage under power. It acts like a open diff till it locks.

Update. I did have issues with my rear axle not locking up this past weekend off-road. I think I used the wrong gear oil which will cause it not to work properly

Update. 4/12/14. So gov bomb is crap. Do not high rev with a tire in the air and it not locked. If you do and it locks while spinning, you'll have problems getting your rig out with the axle coming out of the tube.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks