• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Having trouble starting my deuce

aaron379

Today and a few other earlier days ive go out to my deuce and it crank about 5 seconds start then die crank 5 seconds the start and run fine..... about 3 days ago i hadnt started it in 2 days it cranked for about 15 seconds started then died then cranked for about 30 seconds the started and ran fine... after the first start it will start as soon as i hit the button but left over night it does the start and die thing..... and ideas? fuel pump? i havent changed the filters since i got it about 2 months ago just dirty filters? i run green highway diesel in it only

Attachments

Deuce 101, it's fuel or air. Since it's at start-up, i'd say fuel.
Yes, change your filters. If that's not it, then do a little research here. Air in lines, pumps, dirt, etc. have all been discussed in great depth before.

Akicita

I had this problem twice. Changing the primary filter solved the problem at each time.

Other places to check are the screen by the pump inside the tank, the secondary and the final filter.

If you run into this problem a lot, you may have some gunk in your tank, and you may have to flush it out.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Of coure the filter is the obvious point to start. After that it almost sounds like you are loosing prime in the fuel system. Try flipping te power switch and leave the intank pump run for a minute before attempting to start and see what happens.

aaron379

thanks guys im gonna order my filters and im goin to change the oil so ill make it a 2 in 1 project... ill look in my tank with a flashlight when it gets a little darker out and see if i see any visible crap in the bottom... but i think all my lines are sealed good ive never seen any drips of diesel i usually check when i let it build air after start up but if the filters dont get it ill have to go over it and find the problem... is there an inline water trap? if so where is it?

Flyingvan911

My deuce likes just a little press on the gas pedal when starting cold. Give it a few seconds to idle and she's fine. Some deuces just need a tiny bit extra to fire well. Once it's run a few seconds you can shut it off and it'll fire right back up.

Heavysteven

I pulled my tank pump and cleaned the screens. Also, changed my filters the truck starts first try every time.

I say filters and clean intake pump

Oh and the truck like a gallon of transmission fluid per tank

cvh20

It was hard nasty rust. The bottom of the tank was rusted where water was sitting in there. It was only about a quarter full of fuel so the other three quarters were small chunks of rust on the sides just from moisture/condensation over a long period of time. I scrapped it best I could and flushed it several times with gasoline, then several more times with diesel. Problem is the tank is split into three sections and you can only get your hand in the middle section where the fuel pump opening is. It would be best to let your tank sit for a while after doing this and try to drain off whatever falls to the bottom. Mine was so bad it clogged a brand new primary filter (drain cog was clogged with rust), hence I had to clean the tank. Now the fuel that comes out actually looks like diesel (looked like brown water before).

Oh just for the record, the truck ran fine on the "brown water" fuel, but I know better!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks