• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawaii 5/0 SAS shoot.....

EwaMarine

The civ lady in charge wanted license plates and figured the truck was fine as a SAS vehicle with doors on and no gear at all hanging...say nothing of it being a HMMWV. This was a still photoshoot...Same price per day...for a half hour of time on set, and then the drive back to the motorpool...in Hnl traffic.
For those of you that have never been to HNL, the traffic in town almost rivals LA...lol...Anyways, the mission went fast and we RTB'd around 1130....just the same pay wise as if we were there for a full day.... TV episodic work is a trip. They are a fickle bunch and you never know what you will be portraying. We normally dress the vehicles for what we expect to be the scene if we dont know...but today we got thrown for a loop. Today it was the Brit SAS!!!!??? lol...I was not ready for that one! :) The uniforms on the guys are a little outdated being the desert DPM stuff...from Western Costume....(they rent the uniforms as needed...) The gear on the SAS team was the same stuff that The prop and armorer has on hand....coyote brown plate carriers. Black watch caps or Desert DPM boonie caps complete the attire. The weapons are various metal prop M-4s...painted in tans...and weathered from normal extra use...

If you have any questions about MV film work and the pros and cons about it, hit me up here and ill try to answer any questions! Aloha and SF!
Brad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks