• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hazard Flasher does not function, Turn Signals fine?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Newbie question.

I thought the lights I had on my M998 were fine, at least the turn signals, stop lights and headlights. The BOL were not working. So I took apart just the rears and I found the inside of the rear lights were about half way filled up with mud! Also, the lens assembly disintegrated in my hand. So I ordered new lens assemblies for front and back, and I figured I would order conversion bulbs to LED while I was at it. But in the meanwhile, there are normal bulbs in the sockets for turn signals and stop lights.

So like I said, the turn signals, stop lights, parking lights, and headlights are ok. Well except that high beam indicator on the dash is out.

With the light switch set to "stop lights", I pressed on the little lever, and moved the turn signal lever up to the second, upper most position, and the hazard lights won't come on. No flashing on any of the front or back lights, and nothing on the indicator. But the turn signals do work just fine - all bulbs other than the BOL.

I have a new LED compatable flasher modules coming, but not here yet. Am I overlooking something other than the flasher as the cause since the bulbs for the turn signals seem to work.

Thank you for you advice :)

papakb

If your turn signals are flashing and operating normally but not when you go to the hazard light position your problem isn't the flasher, it's your turn signal switch. That's the component that connects everything together to make all four lights work in hazard mode. The fact that they flash in normal mode says that the flasher and wiring is all OK.

Now your back up lights are a connection thru a switch on the shifter assembly that may have gone bad or you've lost power to it. 998s never had back up lights originally so were yours added sometime later? Was it done in a decent manner or Bubbafied?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My bad but now points to the master light switch since I doubt all 4 blackout lights failed.

I replaced the 4 blackout lights bulbs and they work fine. Just the hazard flasher does not seem to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks