• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hazard lights on with flasher removed

TXM1009

The hazard lights on my m1009 turn on but don't flash. Even with the flasher removed they turn on, both the indicators and the actual lights. If I pull the fuse they shut off. The only thing I can think of is to pull the fuse panel and see if something is shorted on the backside. The -20 says to pull the flasher and and install a jumper wire, but it seems there is a jumper already installed.

I'm hoping maybe someone has seen something similar that may have an idea before I pull that fuse panel off. Something I haven't done before, but I guess it is time to learn.

cause: I installed new batteries and initially connected the small wire that goes to the back battery negative to the back battery positive. Since then I have the hazard light issue and the horn won't stop blowing (even with the horn relay removed). I have it disconnected for the time being.

There is definitely some extra wiring under the dash from PO that I am still trying to sort out.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great. If not I guess I am about to become an electrical expert (at least on my m1009).

Thanks all.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the diode on the back side of the flasher holder and the horn relay. They have failed and allowing current to flow. Remove them.

You blew them when you shorted the battery.

The diodes are show in the wiring diagrams.

E-13 Diodes.jpgE-20 Horn.jpg

Last edited:

TXM1009

remove or replace?
I assume this requires pulling the fuse panel. Do you think this also be the problem with the horn. Thanks for the info.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove and then replace if you want to. Yes the same with the horn. You may be able to find the diodes for the flashers without taking the fusebox apart. If not remove the two screws and GENTLY pull the front half of the box towards you.

The horn relay should be dangeling on the upper left of the fusebox.

DISCONNECT you batteries before doing anything. The fusebox is HOT at all times.

Last edited:

TXM1009

Thanks and will do on the battery. Sorry about the horn question I didn't see the diagrams for some reason before I responded.

TXM1009

dstang97 were you able to get at your flasher diodes without pulling your fuse box?

I got the horn diode removed and the steering column put back together, 1 problem down and 1 to go. Hopefully I will have time to take a look at it tomorrow.

dstang97

I had to split both harnesses and the pull apart the inside harness. Then you can get at It with a pair of cutters.