• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haze from Oil Filler Cap - Is this a Problem?

1stgear

I have a haze (not smoking) that comes from my oil filler cap when the truck is running. The dipstick stays on full so I don't think it's burning any oil, but I'm no expert. I do get a nasty burnt oil smell coming from the exhaust when I go from point A to B. Others have said this is probably the CDR valve. Any other opinions?

Thanks for the time and read!

1stgear

It's less than the smoke coming from a cigarette and it leaves no residue on the oil filler cap. It's a light mist. You can't smell it from the engine bay either.

CUCVinterceptor

isnt that the blow-by, the more smoke you get the more engine damage/mileage there is, or something like that, instead of a blow-by tube like most diesels the oil cap is vented. mine has a light whisp every 3 seconds.

CCATLETT1984

all diesels have some blow-by, its normal to have a slight haze. it you have more than that, you may consider getting a compression test done to check the cylinder pressures (that tells you which cylinder is the culprit).

Apoc Bane

Found through searching.

I have a good amount of smoke coming out of the oil fill cap.
Once you take it to the shop and figure out which cylinder is the culprit, what next?
Engine rebuild?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks