• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HD Motor on Hoist leaking (M936)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have noticed that the HD motor on the hoist winch must be leaking into the gear box on the winch and over flowing out of the gearbox vent and the holes in the side of the winch drum.

Does anyone know if you can replace the seal or rebuild the pump?
Also who may have a new pump or know were to get them rebuilt?

It looks like it was made by Parker.

Thanks!

Attachments

Csm Davis

That seems to be common on the newer 936 wreckers but it should be a straight forward fix. R&R the seal and should be good to go as to the cause does anyone know if the main pumps and pressures are the same on the m936 and the m816?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to get it off and check it out. I hope it is a straight forward fix!!
Will post some pics as I go.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
It looks like you may also be leaking a small amount of gear oil out of the oil seal under the small round plate in the side of the gear box. You probably already saw it, but I just posted some details about the seal in my very similar thread. I would have tacked on to your thread instead of creating my own, but I didn't notice your thread or find it in my searching. Well, at least they're cross-linked now so anybody finding one can find the other, too.

I'd call that oil seal leak a very minor issue, but something that you might want to fix as long as you're digging into the hoist anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I run the winch HD oil pours out of the holes in the drum and the vent on top of the gear box.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Besides fixing the motor seal, I think you'll want to get that side cover off the gearbox to clean it out. I found that quite a bit of gear oil remains down in the square bottom of the gearbox after draining from the drain plug on the round portion, and your gear oil is mixed with hydraulic oil now. When I removed the side cover on mine, I used a hand pump to get most of the old gear oil out of that area, then used shop rags to get out the rest. There were also globs of grease in there that squeezed out of the bearing that's lubricated by the zerk fitting that hides between the gearbox and the boom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks