• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head bolt sealant

drlogistics

Does anyone know which, if any, of the head bolts on the GMC 302 require sealant? I've been following the TM's and couldn't find anything about putting sealant on the bolts.

Mastertech

Well I dont Know for sure either way, Ive never had a head off of one these motors But if any of them go into coolant pages then that would be the ones you should use the sealer on. IMHO.

butch atkins

Per TM9-1819AA,July 1952, TM9-8025-1,May 1958.Both of these are GMC 302 motor manuals,neither one says anything about sealant on head bolt threads,using anti seize is a good idea.Bolt heads with 3 lines on the head of the bolt are torqued to 70-80 ft/lbs ,while bolt heads with 6 lines on them are torqued to 90-100 ft/lbs.however the waterpump bolts are mentioned as having sealant on them ,and 18-24 ft/lbs torque.Good luck on all your projects

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks