• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head Gasket

Barrman

Is there a best place to get a stock M37 head gasket? I ask because the local NAPA and Autozone seem to be able to get them in the $30 range. I can't see a value to buying from the normal military supply housings. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

CGarbee

Not really. There is a slight difference between the various Dodge 230 cu in flatheads so you need to make sure that you get the right gasket, but otherwise, there is no reason not to get it locally.

ENGINE HEAD GASKET WITH HUMP Napa 1059C Victor 1059C Felpro 7564C

acetomatoco

If you are going to replace the headgasket you might as well adjust the valves and do a carb rebuild at the same time.. It would be prudent to get a valve grind gasket set instead of just a head gasket... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks