• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head gasket

bobbed_1971

Well I was looking at my deuce and thinking about doing the head gaskets on it soon I looked at the block I dont see a TD marking anywhere is that a bad thing.I when doing head gaskets on it everyone says the TD is the better motor I guess not sure.But was wondering if I can still do them and not have any problems where is a good place to get the special wrench and gaskets.

jatonka

John Winslow will have the correct head gaskets and probably the rest of the head set gaskets you will need. He might let you borrow or rent the head nut wrench. If not M35 Tom on SS has the head gaskets for a great fair price. Non TD engines get 130 FT/LBs of torque. Sould grind .006-.008 off the 4 index pins that stick out of the block too. Vietnam mechanic taught me that.

nk14zp

Prankster

up 2 U

The multi has head studs.
I always get an apposing view when I try to explain the torque stretch spec.
Studs stretch too!

I am from the old school.

Did you know that when you install a set of studs, the thread that is inserted into the block should only be torqued to 20 Lbs. ???

That's old school too!
It was all we had before the internet improved apon it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always get an apposing view when I try to explain the torque stretch spec.
Studs stretch too!

I am from the old school.

Did you know that when you install a set of studs, the thread that is inserted into the block should only be torqued to 20 Lbs. ???

That's old school too!
It was all we had before the internet improved apon it.
That wasn't an "apposing" view. You stated that the OP should get new head bolts, but you'd go with studs 'cause they're better.