• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head Light Switch question

palskidoo

So I have been doing small changes to my deuce to make her a little more personalized. The exhaust stack with the turn out at the top... no more! shes cut flat with rain cap on the top! The other thing i tried to change was the head light switch. The truck is an 86 and had the new push button head light switch. I purchased to 3 lever style switch to replace it however when i pulled the push button one out it had a ground wire connected to the back. My question is do the 3 lever switches need a ground?

thanks

p.s. Shes insured and soon to be registered for the CT roads and highways!!

welldigger

As far as I am aware there isn't a ground on the 3 lever switch that isn't part of the harness. Just screw the harness into the back and mount switch. Disregard/remove extra ground.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No ground wire on a 3 lever switch.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To shed light on the "mystery", the pushbutton type had "issues" burning up. The extra ground seemed to help. 3 levers don't need it.

palskidoo

Thank you everybody!! ive been looking and looking and looking online for a schematic or picture and haven't been able to find anything.