• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head lights not working / flashers not working

kcbbqguru

Got in my M1009 this morning and no headlights? tried the turn signals and they are not working too! Are they on the same fuse? could it be the dash switch?
thanks

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check fuses and blackout switch. There are MANY on here MUCHO smarter than I, I'm sure they will chime in! Take your time and think it through. TM's are helpful. They are here on site.

God bless,
Tony

kcbbqguru

Check fuses and blackout switch. There are MANY on here MUCHO smarter than I, I'm sure they will chime in! Take your time and think it through. TM's are helpful. They are here on site.

God bless,
Tony
Thanks Tony, I checked the fuses and they are ok, it's just weid that all the lights quit at the same time. I didn't know if the headlights and turn signals were connected in some way

cpf240

If the blackout light switch is not in the Service Light position, they won't work. I'd suggest taking a look at the -10 manual for general operating info, and the back of the -20 or -34 for the wiring diagrams.

kcbbqguru

If the blackout light switch is not in the Service Light position, they won't work. I'd suggest taking a look at the -10 manual for general operating info, and the back of the -20 or -34 for the wiring diagrams.
thanks,
I checked the service light position switch, used some electrical cleaner and broke what ever loose and it worked! Should I use some dielectric grease on that switch too?

cpf240

thanks,
I checked the service light position switch, used some electrical cleaner and broke what ever loose and it worked! Should I use some dielectric grease on that switch too?
Glad to hear you got it working. The guiding principal of CUCVs is " if its electrical, clean it, if its rubber, replace it ". So, any time you can clean contacts, grounds, etc and coat them with dielectric grease, is time well spent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks