• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head liner in the M1008

dieselpony

Now that I'd call a pretty nice modification. [thumbzup]
How difficult was it to install and where did you get the headliner - LMC? Maybe it also helps as a sound deadener.

Looking at your dash it seems civvy too (heater/defroster thingy on the passenger side).

Walter

Wartburg

How difficult was it to install and where did you get the headliner - LMC? Maybe it also helps as a sound deadener.

Looking at your dash it seems civvy too (heater/defroster thingy on the passenger side).

Walter[/QUOTE]
The head liner was pretty easy to put in. I ran the wiring threw the door rubber on the drivers side. and the antina wire threw the passenger side door rubber. I did have to use short self tapping screws but it was not a problem. They did not go threw the had liner.
The Dash was in bad shape so I went to Pull a part and got one for next to nothing. it was out of a AC cab but and very faded. I just put the paint to it and spread all the other panels in the truck to match. I took the rubber floor mat out and got some cheep bed liner from wall world. I'm pretty happy with the cab. The truck belonged to the police department and then the city before they gave up on trying to fix it. I do not know how painted it black. I am guessing the inmates. I just found another CUCV someone was tubing out and got all the blackout lights and Wiring harness.

Wartburg

you got it from lmc?
sorry, for the long winded bs. Yes, I got it from LMC it was like $299 plus tax. it came with the speakers and dome light. I already had the CD player. They have the option of the head liner with or without speakers, but it is the same price. The speakers sound pretty good in my truck and are the same price. I figured, I would be changing them for something that sounded better soon, but I like them. The over head light dose a great job.

Wartburg

That would hurt the first time I hit a bump and bounced a little sideways... I've already hit my head on the roof on rough roads. Looks good though.
ya I hit my head on my roof before putting it in but have never had a problem with my seat belt on:grin: but who the hell puts the safty restrants on

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks