• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headed to General Sam's mud park in the morning in Huntsville, TX

helomech

Well I didn't get to stupid with the 5 ton after talking to the guy that runs the park. He said his dozer was broke and if I got stuck I would end up like this truck. It has been there since May 10th.

IMG_3295.jpgIMG_3271.jpgIMG_3272.jpgIMG_3291.jpgIMG_3301.jpgIMG_3313.jpg

jw4x4

The guy with that 5 tonner just wanted to side load his toys without using a ramp. Looks like it didn't work out as planned. No way would I leave a truck planted that long. It has to be considered abandoned by now. Looks like you had a great time. Good "clean" fun.

helomech

The guy with that 5 tonner just wanted to side load his toys without using a ramp. Looks like it didn't work out as planned. No way would I leave a truck planted that long. It has to be considered abandoned by now. Looks like you had a great time. Good "clean" fun.
It is owned by one of the guys that runs the mud park. Their dozer is in the shop so until it gets out or the get a excavator they have no way to get it out. They tried with a smaller dozer, and another 5 ton but had no luck. There is a video on you tube I will see if I can find it.

Here is how my day ended.

140726_001.jpg140726_002.jpg

jw4x4

No dozer is going to get that truck out. Gonna take a track hoe to dig around it and then it will still be extremely difficult to move. That's the best anchor point I have ever seen.

jw4x4

Agreed. Needed a big dozer. Or a couple more BIG trucks strapped in line with that small dozer may have done the trick. It never ceases to amaze me at how much a hard rain can change an area. The before and after pics tell the whole story.

helomech

I think if they put the dozer and the other truck together it might have come out.

In that one video they had the dozer off to the side and the truck pulling together. Wish I would have had my 5 ton there when it happened me and the dozer could have got it out. He has another 5 ton there now, but don't think he had it when this happened.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that's going to take some gouging with an excavator for sure. It looks like it was backfilled around or even poured right in there with a super high slump concrete. Glad that's not mine.

jw4x4

Idea here. Use the excavator to dig a big trench, making sure there is drainage away from the truck. From either a hydrant or water tanker, use a 3" hose to wash away the silt. Maybe silly but I am just thinking out loud here. That's the best way I can come up with to free up the underside of this anchor.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
That truck is super buried. I bet the interior and engine compartment are filled too. It needs to be trenched around and then hand dug out underneath the best it can be. You could try water too loosen things up but you may just make sandy slush and bury it deeper. Depending on how hard the dirt is you could seriously damage the underside of the truck pulling it out.