• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headed to New Orleans

Tomorrow morning I am setting out to go recover my new to me 1984 M1008 out of New Orleans. This is my replacement to my 1009 that I sold Mr. Papabear. It hasn't been a week yet and I miss it already. Im taking 65 South to I-10 west into the big easy. Hopefully all will work out smoothly as I plan to drive the beast back. It has a 6.5 TD, 4L80E tranny, rebuilt NP 205 with 2 stick controls. Just over 10,000 miles on the rebuild/upgraded drive train. And don't worry, I will post pictures once I get underway back to Columbus.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tomorrow morning I am setting out to go recover my new to me 1984 M1008 out of New Orleans. This is my replacement to my 1009 that I sold Mr. Papabear. It hasn't been a week yet and I miss it already. Im taking 65 South to I-10 west into the big easy. Hopefully all will work out smoothly as I plan to drive the beast back. It has a 6.5 TD, 4L80E tranny, rebuilt NP 205 with 2 stick controls. Just over 10,000 miles on the rebuild/upgraded drive train. And don't worry, I will post pictures once I get underway back to Columbus.
Hmmm...didn't you say the 6.5 and drive train swap was part of the deal on the M1009?[thumbzup]rofl

well I made it back in one piece from New Orleans. Tomorrow I will get some better, full size pictures. 17MPG doing 70mph on the way back. 380 miles.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is one nice truck. im glad you made it home safe and sounds and had some fun while you were here. did you get some good food in the process:jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin:

PB is just an ol' crunchy in my book. Too bad thats the last sound the grunts make when they get squished under our tank tracks. :lol::popcorn:

Timntrucks-nope, no food for me. I went down and did a turn and burn back to Columbus. The extent of my food was a pack of crackers and a Dr. Pepper at a gas station near Slidell, LA. I don't see how folks can live/drive in the big easy. Traffic is out of **** control down there!

Chupa-that's an Australian Land Rover being restored

Last edited:

chupa

PB is just an ol' crunchy in my book. Too bad thats the last sound the grunts make when they get squished under our tank tracks. :lol::popcorn:

Timntrucks-nope, no food for me. I went down and did a turn and burn back to Columbus. The extent of my food was a pack of crackers and a Dr. Pepper at a gas station near Slidell, LA. I don't see how folks can live/drive in the big easy. Traffic is out of **** control down there!

Chupa-that's an Australian Land Rover being restored
Check. Thanks.

andytk5

Wow! Congrats on the successful recovery especially since you drove it back. Love the twins on the 205.

Maybe some picks of that sweet LR you mentioned?[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks