• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heading out for a 400 mile drive

AECS

Heading out in a couple hours to drive from Lemoore CA to Fallon NV. The 1009 should do great. New spin on filter with spare, new belts with spares, spare injectors. Fresh wheel bearing and oil changes.

Looking forward to some desert exploring in Fallon, any sugestions?

AECS

Well arrived, took 9 hours due to traffic, no issues. It was a dog on the hills, but that was expected. Did use about 3/4 qrt of oil. not to bad all in all.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on safe travels. Travelling by M1009 is the way to go if you must travel by MV.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just passed through Fallon with my M931 4 times in a week, to & from Burning Man. It's a very nice town, friendly folks, lots of services & cheap accommodations. I suggest going east on Hwy 50 to check out Dixie Valley; it's an electronic warfare & targeting range for the Navy but open to the public, as long as you don't disturb anything...LOTS of military vehicles sitting out there next to abandoned homes & farms, you can get some great photos.

The ghost town of Wonder is just southeast of Dixie Valley as well.

AECS

Took the 99 to the 80 out of Sacramento, over to Reno, then down. No photos. It did use a half qrt of oil, but some of the passes I had to drop it into 2nd and had it floored just to maintain 45MPH. So the 1/2 Qrt does not concern me to much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks