• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight and wiper problems...

TwoStates

I had a burned out low beam in my front passenger headlight, so I replaced the headlight with a new military replacement. Everything seems fine at first, but then I was driving in the pasture for about five minutes and I got out and checked it again. The low beam had already burned out. So then I went and hit the high beam switch and the **** light started smoking. What could the issue be and how can I fix it?

Additionally, I discovered my wipers are not working now. The other day I layed the windshield down for about five seconds and then put it back in place. Could something have come loose when I did that?

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soft top trucks have a rubber oval with three contacts visible when you lower W/S frame.
Lower it again and clean and inspect them.
Also one would have 24 vdc at it.

TwoStates

Soft top trucks have a rubber oval with three contacts visible when you lower W/S frame.
Lower it again and clean and inspect them.
Also one would have 24 vdc at it.
Thank you so much! The weather stripping had come up and blocked the connections when I put the windshield down the other day. Any other ideas on the headlight? I ordered the grounding kit from Kascar and a new headlight.

papakb

The TMs for the HMMWV have a very complete and comprehensive troubleshooting flow chart for almost any electrical problem. My suggestion would be to get into it and let their experience help you troubleshoot your problem. It'll also give you a great education as to the extent of the information in the manuals.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks