• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight goes dark

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Deuce is definitely female and she always finds something irritating to do. Latest kink is that both headlights come on with low beam when the truck is first started. After a few seconds the left headlight goes dark. It works fine when high beam is selected but immediately goes dark on low beam.

When I unplug cable #17 (high beam) at the headlight, the low beam comes back on and stay on. Obviously high beams wont work without the connector plugged in.

The right headlight works as it should.

Any ideas why the headlight works with high beams disconnected but wont work with the connector plugged in? Light switch or high beam switch issue?

Pasaway

Had this same thing happen on an old mustang my brother and I were rebuilding, but it was the passenger side headlight and the passengers side wiper. GROUND, as has been said a dozen times. But which ground? Now begins the Hunt.

rustystud

Had this same thing happen on an old mustang my brother and I were rebuilding, but it was the passenger side headlight and the passengers side wiper. GROUND, as has been said a dozen times. But which ground? Now begins the Hunt.
That's why I have mounted grounding studs along the frame now. I take a stainless steel 3/8" bolt 3" long and grind off the paint of the frame after drilling a 3/8" hole. Then using a heavy duty stainless steel washer and dialectric grease I mount this bolt. Then I can install about 8 electrical cable ends on this bolt. I have 4 studs in the engine compartment alone. Others along the frame and two in back. I've had no grounding problems since doing this !

Pasaway

That's why I have mounted grounding studs along the frame now. I take a stainless steel 3/8" bolt 3" long and grind off the paint of the frame after drilling a 3/8" hole. Then using a heavy duty stainless steel washer and dialectric grease I mount this bolt. Then I can install about 8 electrical cable ends on this bolt. I have 4 studs in the engine compartment alone. Others along the frame and two in back. I've had no grounding problems since doing this !
thats actually really cool, can't believe I never thought of something like that. I have three engine swaps coming up, guess who will be stealing your idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks