• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight issue

1euro2c

Original headlights work fine high and low beam. When I replace with brand new LED truck lights they won't work. I plug the 3 corresponding wires and nothing. Any thing I'm missing?

MtnSnow

Are you sure that you have all 3 wires connected tightly and the wires match up correctly. Have you tried to bench test the new headlights to make sure they actually work?

1euro2c

Yes Sir. I am sure I connected them in the right sequence and tightly. Can't bench test as of this moment but I will when I get home in 6 days. Just really wanted them working when I go thru Canada

tburk49760

I had a similar issue. The wires on the back of the headlight housing were plugged into the wrong connector. The wires on the back of the housing and should be numbered and that should correspond to the number on the front of the housing where the headlight plugs in. Good luck you need to be multi faceted double jointed and quite flexible.

coachgeo

Lmtv headlights are 12 volt. If you got the mil surplus trucklites many are 24 volt only.
Do you recall if there is a thread or two which discuss what is 12v and what is 24v on these rigs? Got a hint for good key words to search by to find them if so, or links? Most boards wont search by 3 characters like 12v or 24v but will try

gentycam

Original headlights work fine high and low beam. When I replace with brand new LED truck lights they won't work. I plug the 3 corresponding wires and nothing. Any thing I'm missing?
My headlights on my 2003 LMTV are 12volt. I have some led lights I put on my deuce and they're 24. They won't light up on a 12v system.

Overdrive

Do you recall if there is a thread or two which discuss what is 12v and what is 24v on these rigs? Got a hint for good key words to search by to find them if so, or links? Most boards wont search by 3 characters like 12v or 24v but will try
The fuse panel diagram in the back of the cover pretty much tells you what is 24v and what is 12v. A multimeter is your Jedi tool on an LMTV too.