• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight wires.. Which one does what.

Thumper580

I got a pair of 24volt high intensity headlight units 7" diameter. The three plug ins are in a upside down pyramid shape... Upper left, Upper right and bottom.
Wondering which one is hot, low and high beam. Thanks.
IMG_20200907_133701724.jpg

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
That 16 is a 91. What ever happen to the guy that had all the trouble with the blinking flashing headlight??

Not a typo, CAMO

papakb

These connectors are called Packard connectors and are commonly available on Ebay or from places like Erik's Supply. As Cam says, there is no #16. #17 is the high beam line, #18 is the low beam line and #91 is ground. The schematics for the trucks are located in the back of TM 9 2320-280-20-3. For 90% of the truck wiring they're all the same. The main differences are with the higher amperage alternators, AC units and special purpose bodies like the ambulances.

Thumper580

I got a pair of 24volt high intensity headlight units 7" diameter. The three plug ins are in a upside down pyramid shape... Upper left, Upper right and bottom.
Wondering which one is hot, low and high beam. Thanks.
View attachment 811385
So, using the same orientation of the stock headlight the plugs in the brighter headlight would be yellow=91, blue=18 and red=17....Yes.
IMG_20200923_081323585.jpg

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Maybe ?? Roll the dice................. Are they 24 volt? Any paper work? Made where? Feel lucky?

Never been lucky in Vegas, CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude, easy answer. Get 2 wires and connect to your battery or a 24V source. Then connect to the leads you identified in the order you described to see if you're right. Then post the answer.

Best,

T

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
With those lights, one should be the brightest kid on the site. LED or incandescent, hard to tell. I did read bulb?

Glasses on to read between the lines, CAMO 😎

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks