• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlights spare parts

IGI

I noticed today that the interior of an headlight is rusty. Whre can I find the spare part?

Thank you very much!!! :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The headlights are common civilian parts, any parts store that carries parts for US vehicles will have them.

CCATLETT1984

if you mean the headlight itself, yup the parts store will have the factory replacement bulb for you, or you can get a conversion kit to use bulbs instead of sealed beams.

If you mean the cup that holds the light, then either LMC truck or a junk yard would be good places to check.

JohnFire

I know when I was in germany I was able to goto certain auto parts stores and get parts I needed. The standard headlights that come on these trucks are replaced as a whole unit. I spent the $80 for the conversion kit this year, and to me it was well worth the money.

JohnFire

I think the kit dropped in price. Cause mine also was from hella. Unless yours came with the new wiring which mine didn't. Mine was just the headlights and bulbs.

JohnFire

definately brighter even with the DOT bulbs or if you think you can get away with it you can get brighter ones. Plus you have more options, and for those who are environmently friendly instead of tossing out an entire light assembly you are only throwing out a little bulb when they go bad

AJMBLAZER

You might want to consider getting one of the kits that reroutes the lights' power from the light switch to directly from the batteries if you are going to run brighter bulbs. Guys have reported problems without doing the wiring rerouting.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Headlights spare parts

AJMBLAZER said:
You might want to consider getting one of the kits that reroutes the lights' power from the light switch to directly from the batteries if you are going to run brighter bulbs. Guys have reported problems without doing the wiring rerouting.
I think this is what Bjorn was talking about, running the headlight feed through a relay so as not to damage the 3 lever switch.

CCATLETT1984

AJMBLAZER said:
I have a relay kit that pulls power for the headlights directly from the front battery. I run 120w/90w bulbs in them.

JohnFire

RE: Re: RE: Headlights spare parts

:shock: now that is bright, and to think I am happy with DOT which are 55w/60w. remind me to stay behind you when you are driving.

CCATLETT1984

lol, thats the great thing about the hella lenses, they direct the light down so it doesnt blind the other drivers. and oh boy can i see, I needed it since my lights are further up fromt the ground and the light disperses more.

AJMBLAZER

Wait, you guys thought the stock lights were to illuminate anything?

Tsk tsk...

...they're just to let others know you are trundling around.

IGI

Recovry4x4 said:
The headlights are common civilian parts, any parts store that carries parts for US vehicles will have them.
The civilian version of M1008 is the K5???

AJMBLAZER

Yep, but both would use the same headlights. Just make sure you get lights for the "2 headlight" version of the truck. There was a different version available at the same time with 4 headlights.

I wandered across Osram-Sylvania's website the other day and found this:
www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide

Put in a Chevrolet 1986 Pickup, Full Size with the 2 headlamp system and it should list every bulb you'd ever need for the truck.