• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlights Upgrade

Loose Deuce

I purchased some of those 24v Halogen replacement headlights with the changeable lambs for the Deuce. I know some of you guys have put them on your vehiclse, because this is where I got the info from, they came from www.rallylights.com . Something is wrong with my set up or there is another problem, this thing only breaks down when it sits for long spells :) . The lights look good on highbeam but on low beam they look like the originals with that yellowish glow. My high beam swithch works but the indicator light stays on all the time :? . I hooked up the wires like the old stock lights were, so I started switching the wire plugs around till I got it working a little better on low beam. Did any of you guys have this problem when installing yours? :?: :?:

Kinda acts like maybe not getting a good groung on low beam :?: :?:

Jones

Sounds like the low beam is hunting for a ground and is putting power through the indicator light to do this. The filiment in the indicator might be acting like a resister too and that's why low beam is dim. Halogens should put out plenty of light on both high and low.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each headlight is grounded to the frame with a separate wire. Make sure it is a solid ground.
When the lights are turned on place a multimeter (DC-volt scale) probe on the ring terminal (headlight ground) where it's grounded and the other probe on the battery negative terminal. The reading should be zero. If not, then the return path for the light is poor.
That would be the case if both hi and lo beams are dim.
If only one of them is dim (both lights), check the dimmer switch, the contacts may be oxidized.
There are other possibillities, but check all connections.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks