• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

headlights when parking lights are on.

junkyardog

is there a way to put the headlights on when the parking lights are on. i was going to find the headlight wire and put it to its own switch.or am i doing something wrong. why did the military do that.

Jake0147

I don't think it was just the military. I think lots of civilian stuff of the era in which these were designed did the same thing.

Suggestion based on personal preference- Instead of powering the front markers from the headlights, rob your power from the tail light circuit. No extra switches, you can still choose parking lights only, or headlights and parking lights, except all parking lights remain on if any are on, very much like a modern pickup. Good post that Recovery4X4 linked to, there are lots of others as well.

I have my wires marked for this modification... Knock on wood I havn't been called on it yet, but while the ticket may stand they can't deem it unsafe and haul it away over lights (even at night) if it's "fixed" before the tow truck arrives...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks