• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlights

dmetalmiki

I use those light in every one of my trucks..(with european 75/ 100 watt bulbs.) I Source them from scrapyards as they are standard fitment on a host of Voltswagon vans and cars. Usually cost around a fiver each! (£5). So its a great and cheap conversion.

jerseyjeep2003

Thanks for the pics and description, I am totally doing that conversion! Have you gotten them adjusted and turned them on yet? Are they as bright as you were expecting? The $130 that you spent is about what you'd pay at NAPA for a new set of OEM bulbs, right?
I finally got them installed which wasn't too difficult. As I mentioned I had 2 different style mounts, brackets and headlight buckets. The mounts had my headlight assemblies sitting at 2 different heights, this didn't affect driveability, but was more cosmetic. I fabbed up a new mount then went to work installing everything. I took my truck to work last night, and WOW what a difference. This mod is by far the best so far. I didn't realize how lame the original lights actually were. I recommend this mod to anyone who can't see at night.

CSX4350

I did this to my old M35A2 and it was the best thing I did to that truck. I've recently bought an M35A3, will the same 7" housing, bulbs and connectors work on it too?

Ducekrazy

Need some help got 85 m35 a2 lost head lites for some reason all other lites work but tryed driving it started to smoke from under floor boards cant seam figure out were smoke came from still dont have head lites

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

reloader64

So, apparently I posted on this thread in 2009. Eight years later, I finally ordered the kit from Susquehanna Motor Sports. The burners were back-ordered, so it took them 2 weeks to get them to me, but they finally arrived. My question now is, should I order the ceramic connectors, or go to AutoZone tomorrow and pick up a couple of plastic connectors? I got the 70/75 watt bulbs.

Scott

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most "over the road" truck stores carry Hella products, with increased wattage bulbs available. They usually have available, a flat faced bulb housing lenses, with excellent high "cut-off", so the higher wattage bulbs don't annoy on-coming traffic as bad. I used the wire lead ends, w/numbered tags, from a couple of failed stock 24 Volt bulbs & attached them to the standard 24 V, H4 ends. I left my Deuce wiring stock.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, apparently I posted on this thread in 2009. Eight years later, I finally ordered the kit from Susquehanna Motor Sports. The burners were back-ordered, so it took them 2 weeks to get them to me, but they finally arrived. My question now is, should I order the ceramic connectors, or go to AutoZone tomorrow and pick up a couple of plastic connectors? I got the 70/75 watt bulbs.

Scott
The H4 replacement ends should do the job. I didn't know about the ceramic end. Be sure to use some dielectric grease on the joints. Bad connections generate resistance/heat.

reloader64

Thanks, guys. I can get the ceramic connectors from a place in California for about $10. Guess I'll order them, on the theory that it's better to be safe than sorry..............

Scott

reloader64

I am going to leave the stock connectors on the truck, and build adapters for the headlights. I have one burned-out bulb that I can use the wires from (hence the conversion). I'll ask around. Surely I'm not the only one with a burn-out bulb laying around :?

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks