• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headphones

conny

Gentlemen,
Due to the extreme noise level, anyone know which headset is best for noise reduction, communication and yes, music piped through.

I looked at David Clark models but some of you have vast more experience than I.

If this has been discussed, can you give me a link.

Thank you for your time.

brasco

I've used Bose A20 aviation headsets in my M923A2. They are quite pricey but they get the job done. I wore them on my recovery from Sparta WI, back to Southeastern Indiana. The great thing about these is that they are 1) noise cancelling, 2) have a bluetooth option, and 3) have auxillary input for music if you want it. During my recovery trip, I connected via bluetooth to my cell phone and had handsfree, noise-cancelled, communication with the chase vehicle.

I plan on installing an intercom next year so me and my wife can talk easily while driving.

Don

P.S. They are comforable too. You can wear them all day and not feel like your head is in a vise!

Last edited:
Don't have particular model recommendations, however I'd recommend aviation or off road racing sources, obviously they both also deal in intercom systems and radio feeds.

Spock

Plugugly

If you contact a local audiologist, you can get custom molded ear plugs with speakers in them. I get custom molded w/o speaker for use on my motorcycle and they are comfortable for 10+ hours a day for weeks. We use David Clark in fire trucks and they work fine, I don't think they would be comfortable for long term use in hot areas, they can get pretty warm in our non-air conditioned trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks