• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heads up on MEP 002/3 VR/rectifier price

woodmann

Hope this is in the right area and doesn't break any forum rules. Would a Mod please move it if it is in the wrong area.

Anyway, my MEP-002 wasn't charging the batteries and after some testing, it appeared that the voltage regulator/rectifier wasn't up to snuff. I found a company called Brown Helicopter Inc. out of Pensacola, FL that had 15 in stock for the princely sum of $24 per +shipping. They now have 12. When they arrived yesterday they were new and wrapped in VCI paper dated 2009. I installed mine tonight, but haven't had a chance to test it to see if it fixed my problem.

I'm not affiliated with Brown Helicopter in any way, just wanted to pass on a good deal that I found as a way of saying "Thank You" for the help I've received here. Other prices I had found ranged from $130-$200.

I will post the phone and fax number if a Mod advises that it is all right to do so.

Lastly, if you search for "Brown Helicopter" on Yahoo or Google, take a second to scroll down and check out the definition in the urban dictionary. It made me grin, then scratch my head a little wondering who came up with it.....

woodmann

Phone (850) 455-0971

Fax (850) 456-5117

To place an order I had to make up a purchase order and fax it with my shipping address and credit card info.

When I called, I spoke to Jack, who walked me through it.

Hope this helps someone.

Nonotagain

I spoke with Jack this afternoon. They F'd up on the pricing on the regulators.
They were supposed to be $274 each, but mis quoted the OP's pricing.
Supposedly there going to make good on the price quoted to him, but any new sales will be $274 each unless you qualify for a discount.

woodmann

Storeman,

The NSN is 2920-01-038-5252.

The manufacturer's part number is SAW-10385252.

The manufacturer is Southern Automotive Wholesalers.

And yes it worked. 24.5V before starting at the batteries, and 27.9V when running.

Sorry it didn't work out for the rest of you.

Keith_J

Well, they now know the price is somewhere between $24 and $274. They won't sell many at that new price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks