• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heads

M215

Hello SS,
I'm right in the middle of changing the head gaskets on our mutli-fuel now, just picked the heads up from the machine shop. This is my second time doing the heads on a M35, not very difficult task even single handed. First time I just pushed the manifolds to the side still attached to the turbo & exhaust. This time everything came out, much more room to work with.
Don't see any advantage to leaving the maniflods and heads connected and removing as a unit?
The machine shop found a cracked valve spring that I would have missed, had them drill and tap the exhaust manifold for a pyrometer also.
Just my humble $.02
Karl

devilman96

IMHO its a little easier to leave them in one piece and reassemble them on a bench leaving the manifold studs and bolts loose so your getting a even torque on the heads, then tighten em up after...

Biggest advantage you can give yourself is to take the front wheels of and set the nose on the ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks