• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hear ye! Hear ye! To all M1031 contact truck owners!!

b4thundr

I have been working on a new governor control box for the PTO generator trucks!! I have a working unit on the farm contact truck now, And i gotta tell ya its great!! The unit is fast reacting It only requires six wires for hook up! There is some rewiring to be done, so the person installing the box will have to be able to understand wiring. I will provide a wiring diagram for the unit. This unit will utilize all of the wiring in the truck. These units have to be programed form the factory, I have purchased the necessary programming cable for this, downloaded the software, done all of the figuring, and have the right setup for the M1031's !

please see my add in the classified section as there is a price restructuring for the controller....M1031 New generator controllers for sale - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

More info on the controller tech stuff!!....http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/52024-m1031-governor-control.html#post595239

I will provide a cell number for support, as there are some things that might need to be adjusted. Or tweaked, if this is the case the controllers will have to be sent back to me and i will reprogram them at NO charge just the shipping. Also some acuators because of there age might freek out the controller. they would have to be replaced i can get new actuators as well. I am not a business I'm just a guy willing to help out fellow M1031 owners with control boxes that do not work. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I do have Paypal

Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

Last edited:

jbolty

I think it's great that you found this but I'm wondering if you are posting this to help out others, or are you a vendor trying to sell a product? If you are just helping then where do you get them and how much do you pay for them?

If there is programming involved I think something for your time is fair but I would not be in a hurry to spend $500 without more details.

cheers

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's great that you found this but I'm wondering if you are posting this to help out others, or are you a vendor trying to sell a product? If you are just helping then where do you get them and how much do you pay for them?

If there is programming involved I think something for your time is fair but I would not be in a hurry to spend $500 without more details.

cheers
Let me start off by saying it sure looks like a classified ad and should probably be there. Now with that said, I'm a free market advocate. Perhaps he is trying to help out and also help offset his hobby expenses too. Ever wander into a steakhouse and demand that they tell you where they get their steak from and what are they paying? They are trying to help you out too by providing a product and service that folks need. Guess what I'm trying to say is, no sensible middleman is going to give up his source when in doing so, kills his business. I'm sure we all have sources for certain parts that we don't share with everyone, especially with out of production surplus.

A while back a fellow here stumbled onto a cache of pretty much junk, surplus vehicles. Wanted to help everyone out by providing info on their location. He wanted a pretty good premium too. He was pretty much ostracized from here. If anyone does any gouging here it will eventually get out and business will dry up quick.

jbolty

Let me start off by saying it sure looks like a classified ad and should probably be there. Now with that said, I'm a free market advocate. Perhaps he is trying to help out and also help offset his hobby expenses too. Ever wander into a steakhouse and demand that they tell you where they get their steak from and what are they paying? They are trying to help you out too by providing a product and service that folks need. Guess what I'm trying to say is, no sensible middleman is going to give up his source when in doing so, kills his business. I'm sure we all have sources for certain parts that we don't share with everyone, especially with out of production surplus.

A while back a fellow here stumbled onto a cache of pretty much junk, surplus vehicles. Wanted to help everyone out by providing info on their location. He wanted a pretty good premium too. He was pretty much ostracized from here. If anyone does any gouging here it will eventually get out and business will dry up quick.

Well, a steak house is a business and someone trying to help out says "I got a great deal over here and you can too; here's the info." Those controllers are not originals.

I'm perfectly happy paying a fair price for anything but this whole thing just seems a little off to me.

carry on

south101

I am not familiar with this vehicle, but curious as to the function of the control box. Can someone explain what exactly these do?

Regards,
C southe

Ken_86gt

It is used to maintain a specific RMP of the engine so that the generator provides 60 HZ output. I do not have one, but think of it as something like cruise control to maintain the engine speed.

I would think that you could convert an aftermarket cruise control to do this, one that does not use engine vacuum. You would have to get a tach input to supply the cruse control with the reference signal. Maybe this is the approach taken here, just guessing.

south101

Generate a reference signal, sample the line output frequency, adust the throttle accordingly (within defined safe operating range) and repeat. Seems simple enough. Is this a common equipment failure on this vehicle type?

gwag

If this box takes the place of all the gear in mine I would like to know more about it. I don't see why everone is getting up in arms about it. I think any info on the 1031s is welcome I've done a lot of searching and have not found much here on them.
To the OP maybe edit your post and do a step by step install. Then give a "ballpark estimate of cost" and let folks PM you for details. I don't think the hair splitters could complain about it in that format.
This is the ONE drawback to this sight everyone seems to think if you are selling something you should pass it along for what you have into it. You mostly see this in vehicle prices god forbid a licensed, bonded, insured dealer or vendor should make a buck!

I personally don't think he's crossed the line here! He obviosly did this to his truck and is posting up what looks like could be beneficial to other members!

Last edited:

gwag

Heres a pic of mine which I believe to be original. His obviously looks much cleaner & alot simpler. If it performs better I'd like to know more about it. Yes it does look like he is selling them but I have no problem with him using the forum to make me aware of a better product that is availible even if he's selling them.
I won't be sending him a reply in this thread for $ shipped to 5***8 I will PM him if it comes to that. I would like to see more info & maybe a video though.

Attachments

Last edited:

gwag

mine-his

Taken from the original post!

"I am not a business I'm just a guy willing to help out fellow M1031 owners with control boxes that do not work. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I do have Paypal"

Seems like a nice guy, lets run him off!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks