• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heat blower motor

Stealthweapons

Need some help when I turn on blower ie flick the toggle switch to high or low the blower kicks on for a split second and then goes off and the gauges on the dash bounces,anybody know what my issue might be any help would be appreciated thanks in advance for my friends

911joeblow

The fan might be drawing too much load and popping the breaker. You might want to spin it by hand and make sure it is not full of debris. Trucks that have spent a lot of time under water tend to have this issue.

Dock Rocker

The fan might be drawing too much load and popping the breaker. You might want to spin it by hand and make sure it is not full of debris. Trucks that have spent a lot of time under water tend to have this issue.
And trucks with squirrel / rats nests in the blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhaumann69166

Another thing to check would be the grounds for your blower and the gauges. There is one on by the blower motor and another behind the heater controls. You can take your gauges out and have pretty easy access to the one behind the controls.

Stealthweapons

Spun the fan by hand No debris in the box fan motor just kicking on and off I’m thinking maybe the motor might be bad or I don’t know if there’s relays on these things are not kind a new to the military vehicle thing so I’m not exactly sure Maybe I’ll just try to buy a new fan see if I can’t find one on eBay or so and less anybody here know someone who may have the blower motor in stock

dhaumann69166

Spun the fan by hand No debris in the box fan motor just kicking on and off I’m thinking maybe the motor might be bad or I don’t know if there’s relays on these things are not kind a new to the military vehicle thing so I’m not exactly sure Maybe I’ll just try to buy a new fan see if I can’t find one on eBay or so and less anybody here know someone who may have the blower motor in stock
Take a jumper wire from the positive terminal on the battery to the positive lead on the blower motor. Should show you if your blower motor is bad or if the problem is before that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks