• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Blower To Toggle Switch

Hummer Guy

I decided to try and get my heater working because it sucks not having defrosters in the morning. I've changed the blower motor box and it's still not working. I'm thinking about wiring the blower motor directly to a toggle switch and relay. Would there be any negative effect in going this route?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can wire directly to a switch if it is heavy enough, but why not actually troubleshoot and fix the problem?
Have you pulled the inst. panel and checked the switch and resistor for voltage?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago, maybe 2019, a member replaced the heater box with aftermarket parts that were placed just behind the doghouse. Big heat exchanger and huge fans. Looked robust and warm as Heck.

EDIT- I found the link… You should start from the OP first post.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to try and get my heater working because it sucks not having defrosters in the morning. I've changed the blower motor box and it's still not working. I'm thinking about wiring the blower motor directly to a toggle switch and relay. Would there be any negative effect in going this route?
the heater is the simplest of designs you will find, you either have power at the blower end or you don’t when the truck is running and the fan switch is on high, if not? You need to start behind the instrument cluster, there is a single power wire to the center of the blower switch…

Hummer Guy

Years ago, maybe 2019, a member replaced the heater box with aftermarket parts that were placed just behind the doghouse. Big heat exchanger and huge fans. Looked robust and warm as Heck.

EDIT- I found the link… You should start from the OP first post.

I seen that but didn't want to go that much into building a heating system since it doesn't get that cold here, I mainly just need defrosters

Hummer Guy

the heater is the simplest of designs you will find, you either have power at the blower end or you don’t when the truck is running and the fan switch is on high, if not? You need to start behind the instrument cluster, there is a single power wire to the center of the blower switch…
That's my problem most likely, I try to turn it on with the switch only in run, not when the truck was running, I'll get my radiator back connected and try that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks