• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater blows cold

svlsmokey

***Not finding this but I'm sure its been covered before. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.***

I loaned the M1028 to a friend and they moved the lever from Hot to Cold and now the heater only blows cold air. I checked the linkage from the lever to the heater and that much is working. The lower hose into the heater is pretty warm but the top one is cool. The engine was plenty warm and the coolant level was full. Outside air temperature was 30 - 35 degrees. I haven't had time to look into it further - maybe tomorrow when the weather warms up a little more.

Thanks for any ideas...

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There’s another thread on this page that covered this somewhat.

Bent linkage would explain blowing cold air, but not cold hose.
Sounds like a possible clogged heater core.

Maybe just coincidence with your friends using it.
Did they go four wheeling? Maybe knocking something loose inside the cooling system?

Last edited:

svlsmokey

Probably coincidence. No - he was just hauling stuff to the dump. But you know how it is - other folks don't know the quirks of the truck.

I'll start by checking the heater door position, then I'll clean the core. I'm also thinking thermostat. It gave pretty good heat a month or so ago so that might have gone south.

svlsmokey

I topped off the radiator and let it burp a while and its blowing hot air again - at least while idling in the driveway. Maybe that "Coolant Low" light really means its low...

Top radiator hose never got hot. Might need a thermostat yet? Or maybe need to test it out on the highway first...

cucvrus

A typical Chevy/GM the first thing that starves for coolant is the heater core. Now you should figure out where the coolant is going. But that is pretty normal to have cool heater and low heat when the coolant is low. Feeds from the top right side of the radiator. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks