• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater box

AReese915

I had the arctic heater box on my M1009 when I bought it. I got a civilian regular heater box to replace it so I can have some heat in the cab. Even after the switch I only get a trickle of heat through the vents. Does anyone know of a reason for this? I would like some heat this winter haha. Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

I have tried reversing the motor direction and the box is sealed up tight.

48cj2a

is the heater blend door open to the cab?

There is a common plastic piece that breaks on the interior side of the blend door linkage.

Skinny

Pull the cable off of the lever on the heater box and flop it back and forth. You should feel a solid thud when you go from one end to the other. That is the blend door bottoming out on max cold and max hot.

I would also check the heater hoses going into the heater core to see if they are hot. Should be almost too hot to hold onto. If they are, then your heater core is plugged. Highly suggest flushing it with a garden hose backwards if this is the case. If all of this doesn't help, I would pull the blower to see if it is full of crud that a little mouse installed conveniently for you.

Hasdrubal

When I got my M1009 from the Yakima training center in Washington, the presence of a few mouse turds below the heater duct led me to remove the entire assembly for inspection. There was an enourmous amount of droppings, the nest was built right where the blend door was and a mouse had been crushed to death by the blend door closing. It reeked so I didn't even bother trying to clean it but pulled another one out of a parts truck. Had another nest in the rear seat, it too was filled with literally hundreds of droppings, tossed it in the garbage and sourced another one.

AReese915

Thanks, I will look Thursday when I have some free time. I did replace the box, so whole box was off the vehicle and saw no presence or mouse anything. The motor also worked properly. I did lower the glove box and moved the lever behind it, does feel like I increased the flow, and it is warm, but I would still expect it to blow harder.
Thanks again for the help.

Andrew

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks