• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater core replacement? M925a2.

ger84

Hi gang- Read a lot of threads however nobody says where they got a new heater core from. I saw one person say “#398010” however there is modifications for the side and cut etc. also the “Murray #398010” does not have a valve on the side of it…. Just want it to fit. Called 2 radiator places in nj and they said they don’t do brass! I gotta be missing something. Any recommendations I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Superthermal

I replaced mine with an aluminum one that was a bit different. Works fine. Ended up mounting it with some nice felt around the outside of it and press fitted it into a comfy bed in the housing with about the same angle as you see here.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This core is made by hunter not amg.
In their infinite wisdom the whole assembly is replaced and Uncle Sugar doles out green. Heater core is not a field replaceable item. Can be ordered from hunter but it is outrageously overpriced

The bleeder valve is nice but not critical.

Many threads on here. Search for alternative automotive core to substitute or keep searching for a real radiator shop.
Someone has to service hd ,trucking, and construction companies. Look for older guys, young ones don't have a clue.

ger84

This core is made by hunter not amg.
In their infinite wisdom the whole assembly is replaced and Uncle Sugar doles out green. Heater core is not a field replaceable item. Can be ordered from hunter but it is outrageously overpriced

The bleeder valve is nice but not critical.

Many threads on here. Search for alternative automotive core to substitute or keep searching for a real radiator shop.
Someone has to service hd ,trucking, and construction companies. Look for older guys, young ones don't have a clue.
Yeah I have seen online that ppl just replaced the whole thing.... unreal... agreed- thanks for the input. have not found a good fit alternative with out modifications. going to call around tomorrow for hopefully a price to fix the heater core and if all else fails eastern surplus has one... (seen above in top post)-

ericp351

I did mine with a (this web site recommended) one for an 1980's Fox (think small LTD, Mustang, etc) Ford. Was in stock and affordable. Required only the slightest of modifications. A bit smaller and alluminum, but you will never notice..... I THINK, buy without AC Option, but your parts guy will match up.

ger84

Ok so I made a mistake. Tried looking at the Tm’s but anyone can help me and tell me which hose goes where. I took off and my picture doesn’t show. Dummy me. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks