• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater core sources?

jholler

Does onyone know of a source for COPPER heater cores for the 1009? Everything I find online is aluminum, (even the copper one in the picture on the NAPA site...I called and asked.) and the radiator shop can't even recore copper cause he can't order it either. I would rather not use the chinese aluminum if possible...

135gmc

There are many of the hot water heater kits that were used on darn near any military vehicle floating around. The adapters changed from vehicle to vehicle, but the basis heater stayed the same. Get a core from one of these, and adapt it. You can probably find the basis heater module at MV flea markets at a reasonable price.

blackhueys

well tell ya what I had to do. first aluminum one sucks! I went to my local radiator shop and he could not get one but he had a NOS core setup for an A/C truck he unsoldered my old cap with the tubes and replaced it onto the A/C core after taking the A/C cap off works great not cheap though around 100 bucks but it is factory gm core. If you send me a pm I can send you the shops info he says he has a couple left that he could do this with. hope this helps

DrJekl

I replaced one in my M1009 with one from Advance and it looked like copper to me. If it was not copper then I am not sure what it was made of but it was not aluminum for sure. Made in Mexico.

acesneights1

I wen through this last year. The alum ones are junk. I used to have awesome heat until I put that POS in. I took my old one to a rad shop and had it recored and put ti back in. That is the only way. They are no longer available in copper. Recore your old one. BTW my heat works awesome again.

hilber

Mine is leaking also. I was wondering whre to get one and so I appreciate all the good resposnes to the OP above. Helped me out. I DID A SEARCH:jumpin:and found this. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks