• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Core

kilness

I had a local radiator repair shop solder mine. Couldn't find a core to save my life unless I bought an entire heater. I had almost 2 entire fins repaired and pressure tested, came to $20.

mojeeper

Try Caswell at Eastern Surplus 336-580-3335 if I remember right he said they sale just the core but I have slept since and could be wrong

bguy193

I had a local radiator repair shop solder mine. Couldn't find a core to save my life unless I bought an entire heater. I had almost 2 entire fins repaired and pressure tested, came to $20.

I agree........When I installed my heater it was surplus, in the box, and never opened. But when I pulled the heater box out of the container the heater core lines were badly damaged, bent over and flatened. I imagine the container was dropped at one time. Any way, I took it to a local radiator shop and they replaced the lines for about $15.[thumbzup]

Kenny714

I think I have one. If I recall the inlet and outlet lines were repaired but, it should work for ya. I'll check in the next day or so. Let me know if your interested.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is bad on my 5 ton. I have found a used one, but it has been worked on, and while my rad shop says it's okay, I did find the MFG of my heater. I have the 30,000/Hour BTU version. It looks like it has been upgraded, but still has the same footprint. Here is the link HW30 Hot Water Heater

Toddtown

I finally found one at Winward Enterprises for $440.00 for the HW30 straight tube model. (the tubes coming out the back are either bent or straight depending on the application), this price was for the entire heater that included the box, motor and core. you can look at it at www.hdtglobal.com under hw30

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks