• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater fan power source

M35a2duece

I installed a heater kit and wired it to the breaker in the engine compartment above the steering column. It works and all that but I can always turn on the heater fan. Is this normal? Shouldnt there be somewhere I can wire it to to get power only when the asscessory is on? Or is this just the way they all are?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine (installed by the military) was wired like that as well...you can easily forget to switch off the fan and it will drain the batteries down. I have since removed the heater and shelved it, so problem is solved.

M35a2duece

Mine (installed by the military) was wired like that as well...you can easily forget to switch off the fan and it will drain the batteries down. I have since removed the heater and shelved it, so problem is solved.
Thanks!

Good to hear I'm not alone on noticing this issue.

Youd think there would be some way to wire this after the asscessory switch.....

URSATDX

3 connections on fan switch. (High/Low/Off center)
Top black(ground) to left of what I think is a resistor.
Center red to #400 on harness.
Bottom is red and black together, red to 400A on harness and black to right of resistor.
Hope this helps

Attachments

M35a2duece

3 connections on fan switch. (High/Low/Off center)
Top black(ground) to left of what I think is a resistor.
Center red to #400 on harness.
Bottom is red and black together, red to 400A on harness and black to right of resistor.
Hope this helps
Yes. I believe the 400a is what I need to find. Is it under the dash? Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks