• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater hoses

Atchuuu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

can you tell me if there is a kit for all of the heater hoses? Mine are all in bad shape. Are you using the OEM hoses or something different when you have to replace.

Not sure exactly what I need or where to get it. Thanks in advance.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went through this last spring. This should help you. I just used hoses from a local auto parts store. I took them a sample and matched it up to what they had on hand. The "Complete" kit I purchased was not very complete and the heater hoses and bypass hose was not present and wrong.

Found this for the 6.2 M998 as the list of part numbers in case this helps anyone: https://forums.g503.com

*Heater tube hoses 2.5" long (Qty 4) made from BULK 4720-00-491-0102, 14074444
*Heater tube hoses 2.5" long (Qty 4) 12339293-1, 12536950

Atchuuu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for the fresh air intake boot. The one that goes from the passenger side wall to the heater. Anyone know where I can get one? Part number? I have searched all over and cant find this piece.

Thanks,

springer1981

Looking for the fresh air intake boot. The one that goes from the passenger side wall to the heater. Anyone know where I can get one? Part number? I have searched all over and cant find this piece.

Thanks,

Having replaced mine I will tell you it is no easy task. And if you are going to do it "original", you'll need 16 of these https://real4wd.com/product/grommet-nonmetallic-heater-duct-1-4-x-5-8/ but I'd recommend buying at least 20 because you'll probably wreck a few trying to do it. The boot comes with a metal piece that gets laced through some of the holes to keep the rubber boot in the correct shape. My original one was missing that and torn so it took me a little while to figure it out. If you look closely at the picture in the link above you can see the chrome wire.

EDIT: If you haven't already I would highly recommend you download some TM's for your truck. Everything I posted above started with a quick search of the TM. Here's where you can find TM's on this site https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forums/present-conflict-vehicles-tms.119/

Here are some I'd recommend starting with
TM 9-2320-280-24P-1
TM 9-2320-280-24P-2
TM 9-2320-387-24-1
TM 9-2320-387-24-2

And the one attached has all kinds of good info as well as a bunch of wiring diagrams. In my signature there is a link to ALL the manuals and TM's I have saved and use, including everything I listed here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Atchuuu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you v ery much. I did order the one you suggested. Tried for hours to find it using google but didn't have part number. Downloaded the TM's already but for some reason could not find this part.

Really appreciate the help.

Jim