• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater install questions, and cargo bed bolt info needed.

wildbilly1760

I just got my heater parts from ARDuece. Very good guy to deal with. I highly recommend looking to him for parts. Anyhow, I am moving slowly in this heat the past few days trying to get my new heater installed. There are a few parts in the picture from TNJ, that didnt come with my kit. What are they for?

Next question. Does anyone have a list of the sizes and length of bolts that are needed to bolt down the cargo bed? This will save me from having to drive down the road 30 miles to check. If not I will measure some up in a few days. Thanks, Bill Wood

Attachments

tm america

i have a set of bed bolts i would be willing to part with springs and all. As far as the heater parts mine doesn't look like that not sure what they got there?p.m. me if you interested in the bolts

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not sure what the curved plate is for, but the other plate is the shelf the heater sits on. I have seen some guys mount the heater box to the engine panel so they can swing it out of the way while working on the motor. Might want to think about mounting it that way.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what the curved plate is for, but the other plate is the shelf the heater sits on. I have seen some guys mount the heater box to the engine panel so they can swing it out of the way while working on the motor. Might want to think about mounting it that way.

As you can tell, Gimp doesn't worry about swinging things out of the way to work on his motor. He just flips the truck sideways and does his work.roflrofl

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curved bracket mounts to the frame and to the fender on 809 series 5-Tons and is the rear bracket of the set up. The heater box sits atop this bracket. The curved portion wraps around that big @$$ muffler. I had to change my muffler out a few months ago. I don't have experience with Deuce mountings. The shelf, I believe, is universal.

tm america

I would just mount the heater inside under the glove box like they do in the a3.Stretch has his like that in his m108.That seems to be the hot ticket .Better heat nothing in the way under the hood.2cents

cbvet

Like tm america says, mount under dash.
Both my Deuces are that way & work great.
Heater is also out of the way for engine work.
My 5 ton's heater is under the hood & not nearly as effective.

wildbilly1760

Thanks for the help with the heater questions. I may do the double heater install like Ive seen on this site. The heater I just got bolts into all the existing holes i have in the fire wall and on the inner fender. Someone on this site then "T" ed off the heater hoses and installed a second heater under the glove box. I have a spare 24Volt coolant heater out of an old 50 ton rock truck that might work good for this. All it would need is a dose of OD paint to look military. I think the make is Hyster?maybe, would have to check.

Now, does anyone have a list of the bolt sizes for the bed? :) thanks

ARDUECE

i have another partial heater kit wildbilly1760 that has what you would need. someone demolished the controls and its missing some ducting. pm if youre interested.

steelandcanvas

Curved bracket mounts to the frame and to the fender on 809 series 5-Tons and is the rear bracket of the set up. The heater box sits atop this bracket. The curved portion wraps around that big @$$ muffler. I had to change my muffler out a few months ago. I don't have experience with Deuce mountings. The shelf, I believe, is universal.
:ditto: However the air distribution box is not. The Deuce unit is fed from the left, and the heater core mounts on the left fender. In a 5 ton, the distribution box is fed from the right, and the heater core is mounted above the right fender. Throw this all out the window if you mount your core in the cab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks