• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater motor

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My heater motor wasn’t working so I ordered a new one. After getting it all hooked up with the ground wire connected to a bolt on the heater box I started the truck to test it. It came on—smoke came out of the new motor followed by a large spark and now nothing. My first instinct says there was a bare wire in the new motor causing a short.
Does anyone have any other ideas what might have caused this?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On a 5 ton blower switch One wire is 24v. One is 12v. Do you have the appropriate wires in the battery box hooked up correctly?

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The blower is one from a military parts source and when I test the switch low side is 12volt and high side is reading 24 volt. All connections seem ok.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Order a civilian built one

Napa 655-1320

Oreilly or ebay # 35552 for four seasons brand

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you..that is a lot cheaper. Should have asked you first. Hopefully I can get a refund on the first one.

Crf450x

I just got a four seasons one a few days ago. $30 on eBay. You’ll have to take your old one apart and get the “bolts” out of it that hold the case halves together. Or buy a piece of #10 threaded rod. The bolts that come in the four seasons motor aren’t long enough to mount it.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I built a new blower motor from an mrap blower, will try to attach the build thread

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vendor I ordered the motor from is sending me a new motor right away and a shipping label for the previous one. I don’t know if we’re supposed to say who we’re getting parts from but their initials are BM ‘s and I am extremely impressed with their customer service. Good service is rare nowadays and this vender is 1st class.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick update... the new motor came in and everything works perfectly. I just need to find some vent hose to put in for the drivers side defrost. The original is gone.