• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater plumbing?

bebyb

Hello everyone, I was informed that my heater is plumbed incorrectly. My main questions are, what is the correct routing for the heater hoses, does anyone have any pictures of the correct routing, and also will the fitting just swap right into the correct spot or am I going to need access to a bunch of fittings and adapters? Thanks! Attached is a photo of how my heater is hooked up currently.
24862205_2337945262898071_8091482362666479166_n.jpg

rustystud

Yep, it is plumbed wrong. You need to take off from the fitting before the thermostat "pressure" side and have your return line go to the water pump "suction" side.

bebyb

Hey again! Figured I needed to get better about posting results of these suggestions on here. I re-plumbed the heater but still cold. I think I have some bigger issues with the heater core or clogged lines that need to be addressed. I'll post back what I figure out. Thanks!

Eliteweapons

Did you flush the heater core out? I had a bunch of "mud" in mine when I pulled it out to repair it so that could be your problem. Also did you bleed the air out of the heater core? There is an air bleeder on the top of it.
DSC_0429.jpg

rustystud

Okay fellas, I figured out the heat problem...the Thermostat was deleted. Putting a new on in today.
Most people don't realize how efficient the cooling system is in the MultiFuel Deuce. Unless your running your truck up the great divide (Rocky Mountains) fully loaded in high summer then there is no need to ever take out the thermostat. I wouldn't even take it out then unless it was stucked closed.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Okay fellas, I figured out the heat problem...the Thermostat was deleted. Putting a new on in today.
My engine would not get hot enough to get the condensation out of the lube oil. I put a new 180° thermostat in there and found the original stuck open with a piece of metal. Interesting, the gasket was mostly not there too. and pictures for the General.
IMG_7660 - Copy.jpgIMG_7671 - Copy.jpgIMG_7677 - Copy.jpgIMG_7692 - Copy.jpgIMG_7720 - Copy.jpgIMG_7721 - Copy.jpg
results = higher stable engine oil filter temp
engine oil filter temp IMG_3010.jpg

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partn...st#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=heater plumbing&gsc.page=1

Last edited:

bebyb

Yeah, put the new thermostat in and with the plumbing routed as instructed on here the heater is melting me up in there! Thank you for the help. Weird thing is the temp gauge with the thermostat deleted always was maxed out in the red even though the engine did not get warm at all...when the thermostat was installed, the gauge started reading correctly for a short amount of time...now it is back to maxed out again...I suspect I have a grounding issue but it was strange how it started working properly just after the thermostat was installed...oh well who cares! I am happy as could be. Thank you all for your assistance!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks