• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heater question :: 5 ton to m35

trudsmtuner

Will a heater out of a 5 Ton work in a m35
I know the cabs are the same. but will the heater and all the controls and heater box work in the deuce.

thanks, Justin

and by the way hello to all. I'm a newbie at posting, but I been lurking in the forums for awhile

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A multi-fuel 5-ton heater will be very close. The 800 heaters are all backwards and the 900 is not even close. Now, just about anything can be MADE to work, but I don't get the impression that's what you are asking?

jatonka

Hi, welcome to the posting part of the site. If the diverter box faces the wrong way for your installation, PM me and we'll trade for a deuce diverter. The thing is, deuces get the heater on the driver's fender and the diverter feeds into the left side. On 800 series 5 tons the diverter feeds in from the right side. I have some extra deuce diverters, but I need some 800 series diverters for my Scooter assisted 818 tractor and a 813 I am putting together.

trudsmtuner

well I just want to know if i can finagle it in there. biggest thing is if the controls are the same?

i bought one out of a 5 ton just havn't pulled it out yet.
just wanted to know if it was going to be a simple bolt up. or a little customization.
I will try to put it in the cab anyways.

Thanks, Justin

steelandcanvas

well I just want to know if i can finagle it in there. biggest thing is if the controls are the same?

i bought one out of a 5 ton just havn't pulled it out yet.
just wanted to know if it was going to be a simple bolt up. or a little customization.
I will try to put it in the cab anyways.

Thanks, Justin
Justin, The controls will operate the same, however, JT's correct in saying the diverter box is backward. Trade him diverter boxes and you'll be happier with a nicer installation. I had to do the same thing, as I had bought my heater not knowing the differences.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your thread mentioned you may place the unit in the cab. You can cut down the heater core box since the core does not use much space in the metal box. The 5 ton 800 series core outlets bend 90 degrees and will work well in the cab. A 5 ton diverter will make ducting much easier. In my humble opinion this is a better place to mount the heater box.
I am doing the same.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks