• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater-What's Missing From This Picture?

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have tried to find a picture of what the heater (passenger side) is SUPPOSED to look like. Most of the heating system is intact-fan blower works, all components in engine bay, but clearly missing a few pieces on the passenger side interior as you can see in the attached picture. The temperature cable was obviously connected to something. Looking for the parts to make this whole, and the TM that would address the system. I will replace all the duct hoses of course. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the first picture is of the driver's footwell. I believe there should be an HVAC grill in that hole.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will be a great time to start familiarizing yourself with the TMs they are an invaluable source of information for your M1097A2
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with all the TMs you will need.
Here is a link to the 2nd parts manual that covers your M1097A2.
Start with figure 322
Another head start for you is your vehicle UOC (use on code) is BVY
Look for your UOC listed with the part number, if no UOC code is listed that means that part fits every vehicle that specific TM covers, if there are UOCs codes listed but not yours then that part is not used on your truck.
Of course that applies to a perfect world, there are exceptions occasionally.

Having all the part numbers that you need is a big help as you can search for them, and in the case of fasteners many times the specs are listed such as bolt size/thread pitch etc.

And of course there are plenty of folks to help you out if you get stuck

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an example if you scroll up to figure 331, then down to the part numbers you will see BVY is not listed at all, that is because that is the heater system used on the Basic and A1 series

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will be a great time to start familiarizing yourself with the TMs they are an invaluable source of information for your M1097A2
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with all the TMs you will need.
Here is a link to the 2nd parts manual pertaining to your M1097A2.
Start with figure 322
Another head start for you is your vehicle UOC (use on code) is BVY
Look for your UOC listed with the part number, if no UOC code is listed that means that part fits every vehicle that that particular TM covers, if there are UOCs codes listed but not yours then that part is not used on your truck.
Of course that applies to a perfect world, there are exceptions occasionally.

Having all the part numbers that you need is a big help as you can search for them, and in the case of fasteners many times the specs are listed such as bolt size/thread pitch etc.

And of course there are plenty of folks to help you out if you get stuck
Holy cow! Thank you Mogman, this is really helpful. And GuntherRommel, the image of the heater is very helpful. Finally now I know what the finished product should look like.

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to those that have helped me with my truck so far. The fan motor outlet which is attached to the heater box is turned upward, and I can't see how the duct assembly (12447046, part 14 in the TM 9-2320-280-24P-2, Figure 332.). It would seem like the fan motor outlet is the male for the female opening on the outlet on the duct assembly (which faces toward the front of the vehicle). The two just don't line up. Can the motor/fan be rotated? I guess I'd wonder why its in the current orientation...would seem as tough it should be in the right spot.

Figure 332 also shows a 2" flexible house (part 11), but I can't figure out what it goes to. The two outlets at the top of the duct assembly go to the left and right defroster vents, and if the 3" outlet on the back of the duct assembly does indeed go to the blower, not sure what that extra outlet on the duct assembly could be for.

Figure 333 shows the entire heater box rotated so that the fan outlet faces upward. In no TM figure is my current orientation shown (again, the outlet on mine is sort of facing up at a 45 degree angle...not horizontal, not vertical, but up at an angle. It appears from Figure 333 that the heater box and outlet are one unit; not separate where I can rotate the fan. Has anyone encountered this.

Attachments

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, Any chance you can shoot a picture of the passenger side from underneath/behind? I'm trying to figure out how the fan outlet is attached to the duct assembly (the part in the middle with the 12447046 part number). and it looks like the 2" hose that comes out the top of 12447130 provides heat to the passenger side footwell, just dangling there?

In the diagram the two rivet holes (on yours there are two small rivets in place but not really serving any purpose) hold a bracket that attach to the bottom of the sheet metal cover up on top with a machine screw....on yours your sheet metal cover doesn't come down as far as mine. Mine appears to line up with the holes/bracket if I can just get the fan outlet aligned with the larger hose that would come from the fan.

A million thank you's in advance!

13M1097A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the sense of humor:) This heater might tempt me to open that bottle! Thanks for all the pictures. I'm still at a loss. Your heater fan outlet must be horizontal. As you can see from my pics, my outlet is angled upward at about a 45 degree angle. The black diverter box inlet is horizontal-so the fan outlet (male) mates horizontally into the diverter box inlet (no sexual innuendos intended!) I presume that is the case withy yours. If the fan assembly can be rotated somehow I'd be in business. I don't think that is the case, and the only way to know for sure would be to remove the heater core assembly...a lot of work.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks