• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater

Brutusdog

The heat seems to have gone out in my M1009. It worked fine last year and early this spring. Is there a "usual" problem that I should look for first? The blower blows, the air is just cool/cold. Thanks

JAsher45

i would imagine that your heater core is plugged. start small and work up. check your coolant level... you could be air locked in the heater core . remove the cap and let idle for 15-20 mins. T-stats are cheap. check there before changin out the heater core to inspect it...

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IF the truck is not runiing hot it is not the thermostat. When you said it does not work no blower or not blowing hot? the heater on these trucks are the same as the regular chevy trucks.
AEC Retired Tony

BIG_RED

If it's low on coolant, hardly any goes through the heater core. Then the heat is pretty unnoticable. Had that happen to me every 2 weeks when my rad leaked. I have all new hoses, new t-stat, and a new heater core. (the last owner put in the heater core - it's even aluminum. I thought that was cool. I would've grabbed a used one at the wrecker). I agree, I'd try cheapest fix first. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks