• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heating the cab up

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being as awesomely hot as it is in Louisiana, when I drive the 5 ton, I usually have 5/55 A/C going (front, door and back cab windows and kick vents open @ 55mph) to cool the cab.

The other morning I was driving it and felt warm air on me and was trying to figure it out...

After playing with the various windows, I now know that opening the back cab sliding windows allows a vacuum effect and pulls hot air from between the cab and cargo bed. I closed it and the temp of the cab went down a good 5-10°.

So.... I will be driving with that closed from now on. Just figured I would pass along a "lesson learned".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks