• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy flex & grinding fan/generator.. bad motor mounts?

CanonNinja

Took the truck through some stuff I'd say was about a 4 or 5 out of 10 on some trails this weekend and had some guys in front of me let me know I was shooting sparks under the hood. When we were at the bottom of some declines on the way back up, there would be the loud, horrible grinding/squealing noise. Turns out, the fan is hitting the shroud a bit, but the pulley on the generator is grinding, BADLY, on the brace that runs about 2 or 3" under the generator diagonaly up the radiator/headlight bracket. The generator is all the way out max for belt adjustment, so dunno if its regular flex or what. Motor mounts were the first thing that came to mind

acetomatoco

RE: Heavy flex & grinding fan/generator.. bad motor moun

Get a new belt for the offending device...a shorter one...and your problem will be mitigated...These M series trux... flex... especially the 5 tons.. ACE

acetomatoco

RE: Heavy flex & grinding fan/generator.. bad motor moun

Didja ever wonder why the hood holddowns on a 5 ton fit into the long brackets on the hood instead of a regular latch anchor? When you are off roading with the 5 ton you can watch the latch slide along the whole length of the bracket... a distance of 4 inches or more.... that is all frame flex...and looks scary, but is standard..... ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks