• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Height of pintle hitch on M116A3 Picking up new Genset Mep-803A

ELPasoTom

Looking to pick some brains here. I recently won an auction for a MEP-803A on a M116A3 trailer. I would like to set up my pintle hitch on the truck before I head out to make pickup as smooth as possible. Would anyone know the level towing height of the trailer's hitch?

Also taking a Nato to 7 adapter cable, and some 12v bulbs. If I'm missing anything please let me know.

Thanks
Tom

zanther

My dataplate says 25.1"

Make sure to read the TM, and check that the Ebrake is unlocked and ensure you connect the ebrake chain to your car.

I've been told the 24v lights in it will work on 12v, they'll just be dim.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IF you have a 2500/3500 or F-250/350 or larger, you're fine, maybe just an inch or two higher than a straight hitch. IF you have something smaller, like a Tacoma or 1500 or Dakota, you'll need to come up.... ~6" I'd guess.

Personally I'd just buy a set of magnetic towing lights, $20 at Harbor freight, $50 at Auto Zone.

zanther

I towed mine with my deuce, which is definitely too tall, but I didn't even notice it behind me, tow's great. Good luck with your recovery.