• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Height reduced M939

DinoShepherd

I searched, I really did and even checked the TM. So sorry if this has been covered.

Got a a truck coming here shortly.

My shop door isn't ten feet tall. But would be nice to have it inside during the winter or for service.

I got the part about taking off the mirrors, intake and exhaust. That was in the TM. But I haven't seen anything about the windshield. Does this fold down or remove? How is the hassle factor? Issues resealing after windshield is moved?

Any pics would be awesome as I haven't been able to find any.

On a side note, the bride suggested we just drive it in and rebuild the shop around it... Thought you all might appreciate that.

Thanks.

JohnnyBM931A2

They are designed to fit into shipping containers, so everything can fold or be removed. Windshield folds, top comes off, intake pipe comes off, muffler top pipe comes off, etc. So it's pretty much possible to have nothing above the height of the drivers seat.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
91.28" minimum reduced height on a M923. It is listed on the main data plate. It is an ordeal to take all that off and put it back every time you want to go somewhere. I had a deuce I kept in a boat shed back in the day, had the same problem, I would drive it around commando, with the windshield folded down, got a lot of thumbs up from people and bugs in the teeth.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just build a bigger shop or door. I am having a 40'x28'x18' shop built with a 12' high door. If it can't fit in my shop then I probably don't need it.

DinoShepherd

They are designed to fit into shipping containers, so everything can fold or be removed. Windshield folds, top comes off, intake pipe comes off, muffler top pipe comes off, etc. So it's pretty much possible to have nothing above the height of the drivers seat.

Thank you. So the windshield folds? Got it.

Anyone have any pics? One man operation? How much hassle?

thanks all...

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the exhaust stack on my M925 is 9'6". That is no cargo cover installed, and the truck is on 9x20 G177s. An A1/A2 will be about 4" taller. I drive it in a 10' shed.

DinoShepherd

Just build a bigger shop or door. I am having a 40'x28'x18' shop built with a 12' high door. If it can't fit in my shop then I probably don't need it.
Yes, someday I will find the person who built the huge shop on our property, and put a low door and low ceiling on it. Then I will slap the crap out them...

:)

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The door could be 13'6" to hold the next truck. I've found I need a taller door and will have to build a new building to get it.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, my 931A1 will not fit unless the stack is off. The OP hasn't stated the complete model spec. He might get away with just pulling the stack off. Air ratchet and a lubed up clamp makes it easy.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.......... had the same problem, I would drive it around commando, got a lot of thumbs up from people.

Hmmmmmm - unfortunately "with the windshield folded down" isn't where my mind first went..... I guess I need to add that meaning to my Yank/English dictionary.

jrosbo

How tall is your door and what kind of floor do you have? I can get my A2 through my 9' door by cheating. And don't forget about the tire crane. I have to take that and the exhaust tip off. Half of my shop has a lime floor, so I dug a little out on the inside and ramped down from the door and back up to floor level so my front tire is in the low spot as my cab is coming through the door. Also with the windshield down you cant get the hood up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks